The Australian College of Midwives' 20th National Conference will be held in Adelaide from 30 October to 2 November.
The title of the conference is ‘Calling all Midwives: The truth is out there!’
This year's event builds on the fact that the evidence now shows midwifery-led care and the work that all midwives do makes a big difference to the experiences and outcomes for women, but so much of what we know is right and based on evidence is not in practice.
This conference will challenge and engage you with new ways to translate evidence into practice and to implement change – on a small and large scale.
The key conference themes are:
'Protecting the space’
- Understanding Indigenous knowledge and birthing practices
- Spiritual aspects of birth
- Other ways of knowing birth (embodied or experiential knowledge; historical accounts; artistic representation)
‘Practices out there’
- Clinical practice and techniques (including collaborative models)
- Innovative models of care
- Translating evidence into every-day practice
‘Extending the Boundaries’
- Nurturing the next generation – teaching, facilitating and mentoring students and beginning practitioners
- Leadership and advocacy in midwifery (local and global)
- Midwifery philosophy and theory advancement
Abstracts are to be submitted via https://www.judgify.me/ACM2017
Closing date for abstract submissions is close of business 28th February 2017.
Please use templates provided on the submission website to complete your abstract.